Great Cycling Adventures

14 July 2009

Today was a good day to ride, it was sunny, the road was smooth, the hills were gentle and as the day wore on a tail wind grew.  I left after 0830 this morning after cleaning up the bottles and cans (4 large bottles, 10 large cans and 18 bottles) and a large bowl of granola.  I passed manchester beach around so I decided to continue on.  I wasted a bunch of time at the manchester grocery store then moved on to a cafe at the turn off the the point arena lighthouse for lunch.  The BLT was good and the salad had strawberries.  I cruised on over to the closest point in the continental USA enjoyed the tour then got back on the road.  I stopped for sanity after 14 miles and met up with Kevin, we hauled ass into Gaulala where we stopped for groceries and met up with Martin (young) and another guy who I passes earlier in the day.

I arrived at the Gaulala county park around 1630.

Last night was a lot of fun, I bought some beer for the boys, we had some drinks, enjoyed a beautiful sunset (no clouds were on the horizon), then went back and had a campfire with hot dogs, marshmellows and more beer.  2 guys had to go on another beer run before the store closed at 2130.

My first stop of the day was a jughandle state park.  I wanted to see the pygmy forest, but the trails were poorly marked so after wandering around and not crossing the highway I continued on.

It looks like I'll be by myself at the park tonight.  I'm debating if I should go to bodega, samuel taylor or all the way home tomorrow.  I think taylor is the best option, then I can roll into the sf office for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home