Great Cycling Adventures

14 July 2009

I had a rather late start today, I did call my dad to wish him a happy fathers day.  My mom and dad are starting their vacation on Thursday as I finish mine.  I started riding at 0900, my first stop was in scotia to see the museum for the company town, the I continued on to the avenue of the giants where a guy riding to his sunny vacation spot (a trailer) in philipsville offered me lunch if I kept up with him.  So I rode with Joe, a 66 year old who started cycling 5 years ago to help his knee, until philipsville with him letting me stop once in myers flat for some gummy worms.  Before Joe caught up with me I did stop to see the immortal tree and the eternal tree (there is a room in the eternal tree, with windows and a guestbook).  I had a lovely long lunch with Joe and his wife Doreen, then eventually made it on the road again.  I stopped in garberville for granola, and continued on to richardson's grove state park.  There are 5 of us hanging out at the hike & bike camp, two guys from tuson, az (Adam & Will) then martin and some guy who rode from brookings in two days.

Joe and I got to philipsville before 1230 and I made it to the park before 1530.

The trails here are nice, there aren't too many mosquitos.  While making supper two young rangers came around who gave us stickers, I have a california flag and the planet earth.  They invited adam, will and I to the campfire tonight, if we show up early then those guys can be volunteers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home