Great Cycling Adventures

21 May 2005

(Saturday morning)
Last Night, I was going to do a floodlight walk of town. However, while waiting for it to get dark (it takes a while) I decided to hit the high St. Hostel for some 'net access. Since I was there I checked in the basement for the Royal Mile hostel folks. I found them, Brie, Edmonton girl, was a bit wasted, so was Nath, one of the aussie boys. So a beer from Toby and a few games of pool, Heather came back and Jonathon (Toronto -> Europe -> Vancouver), Heather (Moncton -> UNB) and Camilla (the Norwegian girl) decided to try to hit the Fiscal, no long the Fiscal and Firkin. The place was packed and the place was eating up the live band. We decided it was a bit too packed, so we headed to 'The Mitre' where Heather and her friend had been before. Again it was full, but we could get drinks and the band was really good. I met an English couple there. and shot the shit. So much for the floodlight walk. Maybe tnoght, not if the FA Cup is on.

The Edinburgh Castle is massive, it took me over 2 hours to see everything. It's nice, Edinburgh has stuff about Scottish royalty before James IV. The War mueseum probably took the most time. There is a lot of interesting stuff including written orders, and recruiting Scots/Highlanders into the British military.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home