Great Cycling Adventures

20 May 2005

Biking to Edinburgh wasn't hard but a bit of a pain in the ass, dealing with downtown traffic despite having cycle lanes in the city centre. I can understand why James (in Tarbert) said the buses and taxi's are a problem for cyclists in Edinburgh. Yesterday, I walked around the Royal Mile looking for Kilts. I've decided to get one full get up and another Kilt. One ancient red and one modern green.

The Hostel here seems to be full of Canadians with some Aussies thrown in for good measure. It's amazing anyone who I think has no accent is very much a Canadian. Last night was a drunken night at 'the globe' a local backpackers bar. The Kareoke was fun, I did 'Riders on the Storm' and 'Thank God, I'm a Country Boy'. After the bar we went to the other MacBackpackers Hostels and hung out with those folks. 2 small hostels make for an interesting atmosphere. At the pub there was a giant connect 4 board, 15cm diameter pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home