Great Cycling Adventures

14 July 2009

I liked the hills today, the Cresent City hills weren't as much as I was expecting.  The 2nd and third summits came very quickly.  My first stop today was to pick up some cliffs bar, but I didn't find them in a quick scan of fred meyers so I continued on, cruised through the Azalea park and on to california.  I stopped to pee on the welcome to california sign, the agricultural inspector waved me through without any questions, then I took a wrong turn turn and took the old bike route along ocean view dr instead of 101.  That was painful since the road was going up and down very quickly.  The rest of the way to Cresent City basically sucked.  In Klamath I stopped at the "trees of mystery", saw some cool trees then went looking for lunch.  After a couple a miles I was greeted by a welcome to Yurok tribe, I hadn't missed Klamath yet, it only seemed that way.  Klamath is tiny there was a subway, a gas station and a cafe, the is closed.  I got to the elk prairie campground around 1600 after hiking a few stops inside the prairie creek park.  Before Crescent City I stopped at the market at Fort Dick.  The market was cool, it is a convience store in the front a grocery store to the side and a luncheonette off to the side.  I got a chimichunga and a pepperoni stick there.  I had a turkey sandwich on a croiscent with extra extra salt on the fries.  I left around 0715 this morning.

Last night was a reasonable night to get sunset pictures unfortunately the pacific likes clouding over at dusk, the short hiking trails to the beach and butte are nice short and steep.

A new addition to my master plan that will not happen, mary-ann should do moody.  I'm not sure I can make it to sf on the 24th, some of the double days I had planned look hard.

I don't understand the battery life on this four.  The first 4 days it used 50-60% of the battery, today it used 60+% battery in one day from the same used.  Yesterday the phone used about 40% of the battery.  I should find out which app is bad.  My options are the slide puzzle game or the music app which may keep the sd card powered up.  I guess I need a friend on the android team (cynthiaw!).

Martin made it to elk prairie today.  So we shot the shit for a bit.  I expect this will be the last we see of each other since neither of us will stay at the prescibed sites for the next few days.

The mosquitos are dumb here.  I sat down and about 10 started flying around me but none landed or buzzed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home