Great Cycling Adventures

14 July 2009

I did a lot of riding today.  My aches weren't too bad and I rode 85^W 90+ miles today.  I was planning only doing 70, but I took a wrong turn and went 5 or so miles down cape arago.  They was a colony of seal lions that I heard and got some pictures of.  I also needed to go into brandon to pick up food since charleston didn't have what I was looking for.  My side trip down cape arago was very pretty and the road was nice and smooth.  I was also on a bit of a sugar high since I had 3 cups of iced tea at subway when I stopped for lunch.  I left at 0730 and arrived at 1430 with a half hour lunch stop in coos bay.  I opted to stay at bullards beach park instead of the hostel since they are supposed to have a museum with pictures of ship wrecks.  7 devils rd was a little rough but a nice ride along the top of a ridge.   I saw markings on the road for devil #2 and devil #7.  The sign for devil #7 made me smile.  Well there was a map of shipwrecks at the lighthouse that was 3 miles out from the campground.  The campground is rather small.  As for the hostel I looked for it when I went to get groceries, I didn't find it there so I'm glad I didn't try to stay there.  I got some company tonight, and older guy named ken biked from honeyman (he was they guy camped when I checked at 1730 yesterday).  I made a fire so we could cook up some of they spicy hotdogs he bought today.  Supper was a bag of chex mix a rogue brown ale, two hot dogs with colby jack cheese in japapeno & cilantro wraps.  Ken has been fun to talk to he has done the pacific coast trip once a years since the 70s so he knows all the places to stop.  There were 4 other guys camping at honeyman last night, I passed them within the first 15 minutes since one of them stopped to put on sunscreen.  I didn't see the sun today.  It took me a while longer to pass ken but I did on the first bridge.

I rode from honeyman to bullards beach today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home